Imagine meetings, conversations, and stories coming alive right before your eyes!
Idea-360 uses graphic recording and facilitation in all of the services we provide. We design each project with the tools and process that will best achieve your desired outcomes.
The intent is to capture the essence of the discussion and the specific points, statements, and agreements in a graphic format. The graphic recorder uses felt marking and large sheets of butcher paper, sometimes in combination with pre-made templates. The output of each process is large, illustrated maps that you can use to unpack the conversation at a later time. This visual method is a powerful tool that assists learning and communication between groups and individuals.
- Live Maps - These maps are captured in real time during a meeting. Each individual's thoughts and input are recorded and made available to the whole group. A typical output is one map per two hours of conversation/process.
- Studio Maps - Studio maps are created pre- or post-meeting They can include an overall visual summary or can be used as a holder of information.
- Pre-Charting - Pre-charts are done before the meeting. They hold information that will be referenced throughout the meeting.
- Post-Charting - Overall visual summary of that provides a high-level overview of the information and agreements from the meeting.
- Story-telling Maps - Story-telling maps are a good way to communicate to employees where the company has been, what they were doing, and where they are going. This type of map evolves over time in conversations in the studio and boardroom, between the graphic facilitator and the people responsible for telling the story. The facilitator then goes back to the studio and creates the final maps that can be presented to your group. This is a personal, powerful, and effective way to communicate to your audience.
- Custom Templates - We design custom templates specific to your needs to support a specific group process. The templates can be used by the graphic recorder or can empower you to facilitate your own meetings.
Graphic facilitation combines meeting facilitation and graphic recording. Not only are we recording the meeting, we are managing the group processes at the same time. We design and run successful meetings that help your group accomplish its goals.
- Meeting Design - Our role begins at the beginning of the meeting planning process. We consult and ideate around how we can best apply graphic mapping and facilitation to the intended outcome of your meeting.
- Custom Templates - We can design custom templates around the process we design. They are particularly useful in this capacity.
Real-Time Data Capture
Real-time data capture allows us to tell the full story of your meeting. As a complement to the graphic illustrations, we can capture session notes, photos, and video in real time. This information is then compiled in a comprehensive report that chronicles your meeting for future use.
The beauty of working graphically is that processes of the meeting are captured step by step as the visuals are created.
- Maps/Charts - after the meeting, each map is digitally scanned. The client receives the original maps as well as a CD with the image burned in three formats — email-able, printable (11x17), and full size. The client also receives a few small-format color copies for easy reference. The maps are easily shared via email, Web, and hard copy presentation.
- Meeting Reports - a comprehensive representation of the meeting, including the maps, photos, and written annotation. These reports serve as memory devices and agreement holders for those who were present at the meeting. They also act as an excellent summary and communication tool that can be used to share the meeting and its outcomes with those not in attendance. Reports can be created in hard copy, bound, or digital formats.
After the meeting, we provide you with the tools to unpack the meeting and maps so that you can communicate vital messages and ideas to management, leadership, and new hires alike.
Idea-360. Now you Get the Big Picture. 303.523.1072